Andy Murray wins Madrid Masters

Share your opinions & predictions on football teams, horse racing, etc. Or just chat about the sports.
The Fox
The Nuts
The Nuts

Andy Murray wins Madrid Masters

Postby The Fox » Sun May 10, 2015 9:53 pm

ndy claimed his first ever Masters title on clay by defeating Rafael Nadal in straight sets to win the Madrid Open. The Briton had never beaten Nadal in six previous meetings on clay but won 6-3 6-2 to stun the home crowd. Defending champion Nadal was aiming for a record fifth win in Madrid but Murray outclassed his Spanish opponent.

The 27-year-old, who only won his first title on clay in Munich on Monday, has now won two in less than a week.

Speaking after the match Andy said, “I thought I played a very good match,” Murray told Sky Sports 3. “I made very few errors and I changed the height of the ball extremely well which I think part of the reason why he was mistiming a few shots, especially towards the end of the match.

“I used the second serve into the forehand a lot which I haven’t really done on the clay before and that worked well because he’s forehand return on the ad court was able to get him moving off the first ball onto his backhand side – that was very important.

“I dealt with all of the nervy moments I had in the match I felt pretty well. When I had that break point at the beginning of the second set to go a double break up and I hit the drive volley into the tape I responded well the next few points and managed to get the break there.

“From my side it was a very good performance and I’m sure from Rafa’s side he probably felt he could have played better, but I couldn’t have done much more.”
https://www.facebook.com/awoplive/

Return to “Sports Chat & Betting Tips”