FYI stockport gala

59 Wellington Street, Stockport, Cheshire SK1 3AD 0161 4807853
swood
Straight
Straight

FYI stockport gala

Postby swood » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:28 pm

from what i am aware poker has or is being discontinued at gala stockport.

it all started from the gala national league final. where players from every other club had there cardroom managers present at the event. buying there local players drinks etc. from which no one from gala came, other had XX on there loyatly cards to spend @ leeds, some had hotels/hoodies etc made up

gala stockport had non of these, so on arrival back @ stockport we made a point of having a meeting with the GM from which is transpired the CM should of been at the event, the most stupid thing of all is no one knew who the CM was, he only works days and is finished by 6pm everyday lol.. anyway cut a long story short they decided to implement gala leeds cardroom rules, which many of them simply dont work for a card-room with a 40 player cap. numbers gradually dropped off, which led to the regular weekly comps on mon/wed being cancelled completely this has now included sundays, all dealer dealt comps have been withdrawn

i personally have only played in gala stockport twice in the entire oct/nov period from 4 times a weeks that is some loss to them, which has led to a few other players following me out of the door,

i am pretty sure from what i have heard all poker is cancelled from today.
nailstu : fulltilt

all in blind
Straight Flush
Straight Flush

Re: FYI stockport gala

Postby all in blind » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:50 am

I've only played there about a dozen or so times and found the standard of play was a little incestuous. I hope this means the attendances of the other Manchester card rooms will be boosted .
'Adu 'Aduyi Hooweh Ssadikki

checkraise
Straight
Straight

Postby checkraise » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:54 am

Didsbury G should benefit from this decision most

Jackpot
The Nuts
The Nuts

Postby Jackpot » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Poker is still on :)

swood
Straight
Straight

Postby swood » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:13 am

not anymore, next tuesday is the official last comp @ stockport gala... they are taking the card tables away
nailstu : fulltilt

Return to “Grosvenor Stockport”